- ANNIVERSARY RIDE - this Sunday, 2nd October. Meet at Ambleside 10:15-10:30. Ride will be 37k/c.23m. Hot Buffet will be served on the return (c. 1:00pm). Price of tickets for the buffet will be £5.00 - available from Chris Taylor.
- AGM to be held at Ambleside on Wednesday, 19th October at 7:00pm. Please note it's a Wednesday rather than the usual Thursday.
- Thursday Ride Xmas Lunch to be held at the Oddies, Higham on December 8th. Gill Lord is organising. Cost will be £11.95.
- Since this page was last updated...well there's not been a lot to report. Ian Bonner reassumed Secretaryship of the Club - replacing Angie Fisher. Terry Pittam is Chair. I (Chris Steiner) continued as Treasurer. Next Committee meeting on Monday 8th December.
- Earlier this year the CTC 'umbrella' organisation - to which our subscriptions go and from which funding comes, decided to change its name to Cycle UK. There has been no formal decision, by the Committee, to change our current name from 'Nuneaton ctc Cycle Club' but, in view of the Organisation's change (later confirmed by a vote of the Membership) it may be deemed appropriate to amend the local name in accordance.
- We hope to bring the website back to life in the coming months. It is important to have a web presence but it's also important to have a team (however small) to keep it up-to-date. So I'm hoping that some support will be forthcoming - plus any ideas for appearance content etc.
- The article on the Road Justice Campaign has been on the site for some time but I'm reluctant to completely scrub it. CTC’s Road Justice campaign began in June of 2013. What Rhia Weston stated, "The justice system is failing cyclists..." has not changed - we all see irresponsible drivers every time we go out on the bike. If successive governments can't protect cyclists by creating purpose-built cycle-ways, then failing to instruct the judiciary to throw the book at car and lorry drivers who threaten, injure, maim and commit manslaughter is a culpable dereliction of their responsibility to us as our leaders. It's almost as bad as the US gun-culture - as well as having the right to drive, motorists also don't want to take the responsibility that brings! Causing injury by not taking care should result in those rights being withdrawn - until the driver can demonstrate, by petitioning, that they've become able to drive responsibly. It's up to us to pressure the powers-that-be to shift their backsides. Take the opportunity whenever you can. Contact: email@example.com
- A CTC member has to indicate which section receives his/her membership fee or, by default, it goes to the DA (if it exists) in which the member lives - that means anyone who lives in Leicestershire but rides with Nuneaton - unless they state to National - their membership money (or that part of it that is allocated out) is used by Leicestershire DA.
- Julie Rand is the coordinator for CTC Member Groups. She aims to provide a good service and answer all your queries promptly via the new dedicated email direct link or on 01483 238308.
- The Times initiative for cycling safety - website address:
(info. provided by - George Riches Secretary, Coventry Cycling Campaign)
- Petition against compulsory cycle helmets in Northern Ireland